OK This is very cool- my friend Augusta just sent me this link– the site does a great job of deconstructing the myths that corporations have told in order to con us into working at jobs we hate so we can buy things we don’t really need that we think make us happy so that they can accumulate massive wealth at the expense of what really makes us able to live happy and fulfilled lives (a stable climate, healthy communities, close knit families, etc…..). Time to jump off this treadmill if you ask me. By the way, if you’re sick of all that stuff, why not join….. The Compact?
- The Problem with Sustrans: How a Grassroots Phenomenon Has Turned Into a Private Unaccountable Corporation
- Bristol to Tokyo Plane Free!
- Stop at Red? The Ethics and Politics of Cyclist Red Light Running
- A New Generation of Cargo Bikes: Hauling with Human Power in the 21st Century
- No Friends? Blame the Traffic....
common senscycle on Stop at Red? The Ethics and Po… Can we have a little… on Stop at Red? The Ethics and Po… Steve A on A Sad Chapter in Bay Area Bicy… A Categorical Mistak… on A Sad Chapter in Bay Area Bicy… Syed on Anti-Car (not anti-driver) and…
Quote of the Month"Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground....Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will." -Frederick Douglass
Donate to Keep On the Level BloggingClick here to make a donation to support our costs. Thank you so much for your support!
Contact InfoE-mail me at joshuanoahhart [at] gmail [dot] com
- Car Dependence
- Carbon Offsets
- Critical Mass
- Cruising Across the Atlantic 2009
- direct action
- Global Warming
- Livable Streets
- Oil Industry
- Plane Dependence
- Public Transport
- Transport Planning
- UK or Bust: San Francisco to Bristol Car/ Plane Free
- Wireless Issues